Friday, July 20, 2007

A Parent's Worse Nightmare

It was around 8:30, Friday July 20. My wife was getting ready to take our daughter to the Harry Potter party at the local Chapter's store. The phone rang, and my wife answered it. Right away I knew it was not good news, and was already putting on my shoes. When she got off of the phone, my wife told me that our oldest son was struck by a car while ready his bike. The caller told us where the accident occurred (one of the busiest intersection in the city), and that the ambulance was already on-site. My wife and I quickly made our way to the accident scene. As I ran up, I noticed that they were just getting ready to load Justin in the the ambulance. I ran up and let him know that we were there. The paramedic said that he looked to be OK. He was complaining of some shoulder pain, but other than that, there did not appear to be any other injuries. I spoke to the officer in charge, but she had only spoken to the driver of the car, so only had one side of the story. She would get a statement from Justin at the hospital. My wife and I decided that she would go to the hospital, and I would take the bike home and wait with our other two children. As this point, I have not heard anything, so I will have to update everybody on Saturday.

Don

0 comments: