Monday, July 16, 2007

Seeing the light (metaphorically speaking)...

After creating my first blog, and posting the first entry, I received a lot of positive comments, and interest from family and friends. The only drawback, now I have them asking me what it is all about, and how to get started. If it gets them doing something useful and creative, rather than mindlessly surfing the web, or playing games, than I guess it is a good thing.

I have some family that I only have occasional contact with - either due to busy schedules, or because of distance. It has been suggested that this format of communication would be useful to keep in touch with family, and update them on the interesting aspects of family life. Looking at other blogs, I find that publishing day-to-day things makes up a large percentage of the blogs that are out there. I too, am starting to see the usefulness of such formats as this. I am currently working on a web site for my brother, promoting the line of Victorian screen doors that he makes as part of a side business.

So I have decided that in amongst my random thoughts, I will publish posts about things that happen in the day-to-day routine of me and my family. Hopefully today, I will be publishing a blog about a my success in acquiring a new job. In that blog, I may also discuss the experiences I have had in my search for employment.

Stay tuned,
Don

0 comments: