Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy New Year

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and a good time on New Year's eve. Everyone in the family is doing well, and had a good Xmas. I received a my own laptop, so I hope to be able to post more frequently (no fighting with the kids for a computer).

Caroline and I had entered the 5km Resolution Run for charity that took place at 6:00PM New Year's Eve. It was a great night for a run, clear, around -2C, and no wind or snow. This was Caroline's first 5k competition run, and she turned in an excellent time of 36 minutes. This was my second 5k, and I completed it in 30:58 - shaving six minutes off of the first 5k I ran in September's Run for The Cure. Afterwards, we went back to The Running Room for free chili and prizes. I hope to continue this, and complete my next 5k in under 30 minutes, and by the fall, I hope to complete a 10k event.

Today was the day that we dropped Justin off at college. He is in student residence, just off campus, sharing a place with two other guys. Monday will be his first day in the heavy equipment course. He still needs to pick up his text books, but he does have most of his tools. The college is only a two hour drive from home, so he will be able to come home on weekends. I think once he starts getting in the swing of being back in school, he will really enjoy it, and will come less often.

Well, that's it for tonight, please stay tuned for more posts for 2008. Have a safe New Year.

0 comments: