Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Accident (Number 2)

Well, it happened again -It was mid-August and I had just started my new job. I was at work when I got the call from my wife. My eldest son was it by a car while at work! For those who have not read the post "A Parent's Worse Nightmare", this is the second time in a few months that he has been involved in an accident involving a car. Justin works at a local oil change franchise, and on this day, was working upstairs. They had just finished working on a Jeep, and Justin was standing in front of the vehicle, waiting for the driver to start it up so he could guide him out of the shop. The driver, an older man, jumped in, started the Jeep, and revved the engine. Unfortunately, the Jeep was a standard, and when he revved it up, it jumped forward, hitting Justin and knocking him down. The bumper caught him on the knee, and it started swelling right away. Justin was unable to walk or put weight on it, so his boss called 911. While in the ambulance, Justin called Caroline to let her know what happened, and to have her meet him at the hospital. Before she left, Caroline called me to let me know. Justin was sent for x-rays, and fortunately his injuries were limited to a sprained knee. Three days later, he saw the doctor and was cleared to return to work. The whole family is hoping that this ends his run in with cars!

0 comments: