Thursday, December 4, 2008

Tales From My Wife - Stories of a Fast Food Cashier

This is the first installment in Tales From My Wife. My wife was telling me of this well to do looking woman who came in one day. The woman ass for double bacon on a bun, and my wife informs her that they do not offer that. The woman gets a little huffy and informs her that someone made one for her before. The wife tells her that she can have a bacon cheeseburger without the patty and the toppings. The woman says she will take it, and that she wants double bacon. She gets her "double bacon cheeseburger".

After she was done, the woman came back and and asked for another bacon on a bun, but this time she said make sure I get double bacon, the last was was just the regular amount. My wife informs her that the first one did have double the bacon - 4 slices. The woman replies that the last time she was in, she had eight slices. My wife told her she could get it with eight slices, but it would cost two dollars more. The woman was fine with that, and paid the extra. My wife told her the next time she comes in, to ask for a double bacon cheeseburger with extra bacon, hold the patty and toppings, and she would get the same sandwhich.

Now I'm thinking, if you want a bacon sandwhich, you do not go to a fast food restaurant, that does not even have it on their menu. Like, what compells a person to do this? It's one thing to ask for extra bacon on your cheeseburger, but to have them hold the patty and toppings just so you can have bacon on a bun?? That seems a little much. Sometimes you really have to wonder what people are thinking. Or maybe they aren't.

0 comments: